• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luna

luna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

My 12 year old daughter does not want to see her father anymore and I am stuck in the middle. He sees the children once or twice a month and is not consistent. He is supposed to see them twice a week and have them for an overnight every third weekend of the month. He is the typical Disneyland dad that does not know what their day to day life is like. My daughter is fed up and refuses to see him and he gets mad at me for it. She refuses to get in the car when it's time to go see him. He has held her down when I have left so she wouldn't get back into the car with me and I always encourage her to go but then she gets angry with me. I am totally caught in the middle and don't know what to do. I guess my question is at what age can the child decide that they don't want to see the other parent anymore? I just don't know what to do anymore. She cries every time she has to go and it's always a big ordeal.

#2 Jim Reape

Jim Reape

Senior Managing Partner The Reape - Rickett Law Firm

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

She does not have that right until she is an adult. Obviously the relationship is troubled and other than your supporting her relationship with father you may consider some therapy as well where she can try to work through these feelings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users